Grace and the Double Life ~Long Book Review~

    This story is about a girls band, The Garage Girls. The main character, Grace, had a secret from her parents: she didn't tell them she belonged to a band group. This is because her mother, Harriet, used to be very strict. She wanted Grace to concentrate on her music and ballet exams. Grace could play all the classical stuff; however, she wanted to play something new. One day, her friends, Zadie and Holly, invited her to a new girls band to play a bass guitar. It was great playing with her friend.  At first. her mother didn't allow Grace to do band. The more she knows Grace's effort, the more she cheers up her child. Girls decided to send their music DVD to the TV company which held a talent contest. They wanted to win and dreamed of being stars! However, Harriet found out Grace’s secret. To make matters worse, Grace lost her voice on the day of the auditionThis story is about relationship of parents and children and dream.  

    I played the role of a summarizer. It was the second time to do it so I tried to summarize in my own words, not just connecting the text. It was difficult at first, but I think I could revise it so that everyone would be able to understand. 

In this literature circle, we discussed what to do if I were Grace. Grace had to choose between taking the piano exam or going TV contest. We had various opinion for this theme. If I were her, I would chosen go to TV contest because I want to decide my own life.  

 

We had good discussion because of everyone’s work. We hope we can do it again. 

 

 

 

 

 

コメント